A few decades ago, the idea of changing your natural eye colour would have seemed inconceivable. Today, however, if you want to try a new look or are simply seeking to enhance your natural colour, there are products and procedures available to change the colour of your eyes. How you go about changing your eye colour greatly depends on whether you are looking for a permanent or temporary solution.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Visit your optometrist and inform him of your intent to change your eye colour. If you are looking for a temporary solution, ask about colour contact lenses. By law, all individuals must undergo an eye exam to wear contact lenses, even if they are only cosmetic.
Change your eye colour with enhancement tints. Similar to contact lenses, enhancement tints can be obtained from your eye doctor. They will not dramatically change the colour of your eyes, but they will enhance your natural eye colour temporarily.
Inquire about iris surgery if you would like to change the colour of your eyes permanently. Iris surgery involves inserting a coloured lens into your eyes, over your irises. The results look completely natural; however, anytime you undergo surgery, there are risks. Consult with a medical professional concerning the risk of complications before considering such a permanent change.
Tips and warnings
- Try a variety of contact lenses until you find the colour combination and manufacturer that you like the best.
- Consider enhancing the colour of your eyes by switching your make-up and clothing.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for