The handlebar moustache is a classic moustache style recognisable by its upward-curled tips resembling bicycle handlebars. This type of moustache has several sub-styles, however, if you want to grow an "awesome" handlebar moustache, you probably want your moustache to be thick and bushy with long, accentuated tips. Growing a successful moustache of this style can take months and necessitates regular maintenance and commitment.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Moustache comb
- Moustache wax
Grow a wide moustache. Shave the rest of your facial hair often, but allow your moustache to grow as far to the left and right sides of your face as possible.
Part your moustache with a moustache comb to the left and right when it has grown long enough to comb. This can take several weeks. Train your moustache to part as it grows longer.
Grow your moustache so that when combed to the sides, the tips of the moustache stretch beyond the corner of your lips. Some handlebar moustaches are trimmed in the centre. For a thick, bushy moustache, avoid clipping your moustache at all. Ensure the tips of you moustache grow long.
Apply a small amount of moustache wax to your moustache, concentrating on the tips. Squeeze wax onto a moustache comb and comb the wax through your hair, or rub a small amount of wax between your thumb and forefinger and work it through your moustache.
Twist the tips of your moustache to create sharp points on each side.
Curl the tips of your moustache around your fingers. Shape the curls so that they point upwards. The moustache wax will hold your curls in place.
Tips and warnings
- Study photos of handlebar moustaches to decide how long you want to grow your moustache tips, and the particular style of moustache curls you want.
- If you apply too much wax to your moustache, wash it out with hot water. A moustache with too much wax can look and feel greasy. Apply the minimal amount of wax needed to shape your moustache.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for