Strawberry fluff dessert is redolent of a different era. You will find that it is very similar to many of the quick and easy dessert recipes that evolved during the 1960s and 1970s, in both taste and texture. Contrary to the title, strawberry fluff dessert does not contain marshmallow fluff or any type of blended marshmallow cream. You can alter the recipe with the addition of bananas or you can turn it into a fluffy, chilled strawberry pie. No matter how you make it, this classic favourite is sure to thrill.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 85 g strawberry flavoured gelatin
- 2 containers strawberry glaze
- 2 qt. buttermilk
- 4 packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 cartons whipped topping
- 4 qt. fresh strawberries
- Additional fresh strawberries
- Small bowl
- Large bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Cling film
Blend one 85 g package of strawberry flavoured gelatin with two 385 g containers of strawberry glaze in a small bowl.
Whisk together 2 qt. of buttermilk and four packages of instant vanilla pudding mix in a large bowl for two minutes. Allow the mixture to stand for five minutes or until it is soft-set.
Remove the stems from and slice strawberries. Set them aside.
Fold the strawberry glaze and gelatin mixture into the vanilla pudding and buttermilk until thoroughly combined.
Add the sliced strawberries and four 450ml containers of whipped topping. Blend until combined, but do not stir to the point that the dessert loses its fluffiness.
Cover the container with cling film and allow it to sit overnight until completely set. Serve it cold with additional fresh strawberries and vanilla wafers if desired.
Tips and warnings
- Alternatively, you can reduce the amount of buttermilk used in the recipe by half and fold the dessert mixture into a prepared pie pan. Allow the pies to chill over night until they are firmly set and serve with additional sliced strawberries.
- There are many different strawberry fluff recipes out there that have been passed down generation to generation. If one recipe doesn't work for you, give some of the other recipes provided a try.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for