Putting a trampoline together is not too difficult, but it is time consuming and requires complete concentration and the ability to read the instructions that come in the box. The trampoline itself, including all pieces and tools needed to put it together, usually come inside two boxes, and when finished should look like the trampoline you saw at the store.
Things you need
Tools that come inside box
Cut open each box, removing everything. Take out the description or instruction sheet first. Open it wide, and set it directly in front of you. Follow the directions as how to remove the pieces inside the box, and where to place them so you can use them easily and not make any errors. This will mean putting the same pieces together, and those pieces that belong to the next step. They should be set out pretty much like a puzzle.
Follow the instructions, and put together the frame of the trampoline first. You will have to put each leg into its own insert as found on the frame. You will need to pay particular attention to the instruction sheet, so that each leg is connected to the frame. This will create the trampoline's circular shape. Once you have the circle formed, place the mat itself on the ground with the frame just fitting around and slightly outside the mat.
Read the directions as it shows you how to put a spring into each triangle. The springs have to be taut or there will be no bounce when jumping on it. Carefully count the triangles, as shown, and follow the method of using your own body weight when pulling them tightly.
Continue to check out the springs to make sure they are taut and attached correctly. This time, you will also be hooking up other springs next to the ones you have already put in place. Check the directions once again prior to laying the safety pads on top of each spring and fasten them as directed. Finish by attaching the safety pads, using the plastic ties that will be included inside the boxes.
- Not all manufacturers of trampolines use the same directions, or have the same pieces or are attached the same way. Make sure that you read the directions for each trampoline you set up. When emptying the boxes look for any tools that are supposed to be included. Without those tools you might not be able to set it up correctly.
Tips and Warnings
- Not all manufacturers of trampolines use the same directions, or have the same pieces or are attached the same way.
- Make sure that you read the directions for each trampoline you set up.
- When emptying the boxes look for any tools that are supposed to be included. Without those tools you might not be able to set it up correctly.
Things you need
- Tools that come inside box