With concern for the environment rapidly growing, many people want to take care of their electronic equipment through efficient, green actions. Donating your used TV is one of the best ways to reuse a large electronic product. Environmentalists advocate reuse first even before recycling because it extends the life of valuable equipment and keeps them from entering the waste stream. With a little research, you can easily find a worthy organisation to which you can donate your used TV.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Donate a used TV through FreeCycle. An Internet non-profit organisation, FreeCycle is a network of millions of members all over the world who participate by donating and receiving items for free. Through a simple online posting to your local FreeCycle group, you can find like-minded individuals who can pickup your TV for free (see Resources below).
Donate a used TV through Earth911. One of the largest online resources for information on reuse and recycling, Earth911 can provide you with a list of local organisations that accept donations of used TVs. With a simple and easy-to-navigate interface, Earth911 clearly provides links, contact and location information, as well as convenient maps (see Resources below).
Donate a used TV to your local church. If you belong to a church, your used TV can be used for Sunday School education, community outreach programs, or management needs within the church administration.
Donate a used TV to the Salvation Army or Goodwill thrift stores. Both charities will sell your TV in their stores and use the money to fund their various community programs. The Salvation Army and Goodwill can also come directly to your house to pick up the TV (see Resources below).
Donate a used TV to an abuse or homeless shelter. These organisations provide a safe haven for battered people who seek protection and for those without a home. A donated TV can help to entertain them and keep their spirits up while they are living at the shelter.
Tips and warnings
- Call the organisation to ask if they provide a pickup service. Most charities have transportation available for this type of donation.
- Take some time to think about what type of donation would leave you the most fulfilled. Depending on your beliefs and values, there are many non-profit organisations that could use your TV to help their mission and cause.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for