When you want to make healthy and tasty dog treats, make liver treats for dogs. Liver treats make an excellent training treat that your dog is sure to go crazy over. These treats also make a tasty topping sprinkled over your dog's food. To use as a dog food topping it is best to cut, or break, the liver treats into small pieces.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Fresh organic liver
- Baking sheet
- Oven or toaster oven
Place the liver in a pan and cover it with water.
Cook the liver for about 15 minutes or until it is completely cooked.
Remove the liver from the water.
Rinse the liver off under running water to remove the scuzz, also known as scum, from the meat.
Lay the cooked liver on a baking sheet, making sure that the meat is laying flat.
Bake the cooked liver in a 200 degree F oven (or toaster oven) for 10 to 15 minutes, or until it has become somewhat dried.
Tips and warnings
- There are many different types of recipes that use liver in dog treats (see links in Resources).
- Don't feed dogs large amounts of liver, as it contains a large amount of waste as well as nutrients.
- Refrain from feeding liver to your dog more than 2 or 3 times a week.
- Never feed your dog an entire meal of liver.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for