Coffee liquor has become a favorite after dinner drink in many places. This sort of specialty flavored liqueur is easy to make by anyone with a little time and interest. Here are some steps to get you on your way to making your own coffee liqueur.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup coffee
- 1 cup liquor
- Cheese cloth
- Big jug
Boil the water and the sugar into a syrup.
Remove the mixture from the heat and place in the refrigerator.
Add the coffee and let steep for about half-an-hour.
Place the syrup in a jug with the liquor, seal and shake well.
Let the jug sit. Start tasting the mixture at around two weeks. Let it sit for no longer than four weeks.
Remove the coffee grounds, shake, chill and serve.
Tips and warnings
- Remember that the quality of your final product will depend greatly on the quality of the ingredients.
- Instant coffee can be used as well. Generally use about twice as much instant coffee as you would real coffee.
- While traditionally coffee liquors are made with caffeinated coffee it is acceptable to use a decaffeinated coffee.
- A cheese cloth or paper towels are useful for filtering the finished product. This can take a couple of tries to get every last ground of coffee.
- Never allow minors to consume alcohol.
- Never drink homemade coffee liqueurs while operating heavy machinery.
- Do not use your hand to test how hot the water and sugar syrup is.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for