How to Obtain a Diplomatic Passport
Fotosearch Standard Royalty Free Photograph
The purpose of a diplomatic passport is for issuance to those that are conducting official state business and who will be travelling internationally. This normally includes diplomats, consuls and government officials.
Before you can receive a diplomatic passport, you must prove that you will be travelling internationally for state business purposes and will be representing some government in another country.
Apply for your diplomatic passport far enough in advance as many times, depending on the country, it can take awhile to get it.
Complete and submit the proper forms in person to your nearest Acceptance Facility or Passport Agency.
Include all of the listed proper documentation when applying. This includes your Social Security number.
Show all proof of citizenship evidence. Use original copies which will be returned to you in the mail.
Pay any and all applicable fees. Acceptable payment methods include VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Debit/Check Cards Checks, Money Orders and Bank Drafts.
Provide two passport photo ID's. These photos must be identical, in colour, precisely 2x2 inches in size, must be current, and clearly show your face.
- Fees for a diplomatic passport vary according to various factors.
- If you qualify for a diplomatic passport, your immediate family will as well.
- A diplomatic passport does not grant you diplomatic immunity.
- Avoid any company that claims to offer you both a diplomatic passport along with immunity; they are frauds.
- Fotosearch Standard Royalty Free Photograph