Broiling is a method of cooking food that uses a direct and intense heat source. Oven broiling cooks food using the heat from the top element. Bread can be placed on a rack and quickly toasted under the grill. Use your grill instead of the traditional toaster to transform your plain bread into golden brown crisp slices of toast.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Baking tray
- Aluminium foil
- Bread slices
- Butter or margarine
Adjust your oven rack so the top of the bread is 4 inches from the top heating element. Set the oven to the broil setting.
Place a sheet of aluminium foil onto the baking tray. Spread butter or margarine onto both sides of the bread slices. Place the slices onto the baking tray spaced evenly apart.
Insert the baking tray into the oven. Broil for two minutes and then flip bread slices over with the tongs. Broil an additional two minutes until the bread is golden and crispy.
Remove baking tray from the oven.
Tips and warnings
- Keep the oven door open slightly while broiling to prevent the bread from burning.
- Set a timer for accurate cooking.
- Add other toppings to toast such as jellies, peanut butter, honey or cheese.
- Never leave oven unattended while broiling as the bread will burn quickly.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for