Stretching a carpet and securing it onto the tack strip requires special tools such as a tamper, trimmer and knee kicker, but these carpet stretcher instructions will show you everything you need to know. See how the pros do it in this free video on carpet cleaning and installation.
Hi, I'm Robert from Salt Lake City, Utah. I'm going to show you how to use a carpet stretcher. To stretch your carpet you're going to need a knee kicker and you're going to need a tamper or a spreader and this is called a trimmer. This will trim the carpet to the side of the wall so you can tuck it in. Okay, you make sure that carpet is up there tight and you kick it in there and you hold it on with this spreader so it holds it on to the tack. And you just take little bites and you keep kicking until it's all the way tight. I'm Robert again, and I just showed you how to use your carpet stretcher.
- How to Lay Carpet
- How to Remove Wall-to-Wall Carpeting
- Carpet Installation Stretching Technique
- How to Install Carpet in Doorways
- How to Use Carpet Tape
- Carpet Stretcher Instructions
- How to Remove Dried Acrylic Paint from Carpet
- How to Edge Trim Carpet Along a Wall
- How to Pull Carpets Up From Hardwood Floors