Modern mountain bike shoes are lightweight, offer great support, and can be custom-molded to the shape of your foot. Learn how to choose and buy mountain bike shoes in this free bicycle accessories video guide.
Today, we're going to talk about mountain bike shoes. This can be a wonderful upgrade to something you should always take care of, your feet. Now, what we have in this Shimano shoe which is brand new out is the first full off-the-shelf custom fit shoe. So, we actually heat this shoe up, put it on your foot and it will mold to your foot, everything from the insole, on the inside of it, to the full surrounding inside part of the shoe as well. A shoe like this has things integrated into it so your heel doesn't slip out. We have a latching system to really keep that heel secured in the shoe. We're using a carbon fiber sole which is not only going to be lightweight for you, but it's going to be extremely stiff so all that power transfer goes from your feet into the pedals which will make us go forward. You have nice spikes that are incorporated here, for when we have to walk up that steep muddy hill. And we also have a nice large clear area here to clear that mud out of that zone for where our cleat mounts.
- How to Choose a Road Bike Frame
- Nutritional Supplements for Cycling
- Guide to Buying Road Bike Cranks
- How to Choose Bike Saddles
- Disc Brakes for Mountain Bikes
- Upgrading to Carbon Fiber Bike Seat Posts
- How to Choose Road Bike Pedals
- Innovations in Cycling Clothing
- How to Choose Mountain Bike Pedals
- Guide to Buying Road Bike Shoes
- Guide to Buying Mountain Bike Shoes
- How to Choose Bike Handlebars
- How to Choose Mountain Bike Wheels
- How to Choose Road Wheels for Your Bicycle