The latest innovations in mountain bike wheels make mountain biking over rough terrain easier and smoother. Learn how to upgrade your bicycle's wheels for mountain biking in this free bike accessories video guide.
JEFF COOK: Hello, and I am Jeff Cook from All Seasons Sports. All right, it's Jeff again and here to talk about mountain bike wheels. Getting one of the largest changes that you can make to your bike in an overall standpoint, this is going to help in ride, in hill climbing, in cornering, getting over some of those obstacles that may occur off road. One of the premier companies in the mountain bike world would be Mavic. Mavic's a French company that's been doing this longer than anybody. This particular rim is an aluminum rim but they've actually incorporated an aluminum aerodynamic spoke to it as well. You can see that the hub itself has a very different way of holding the spokes. This makes the wheel very laterally stiff as well as very strong from an impact standpoint. All while keeping this at a very low weight getting around 1480 grams for a pair. So this can drop off anywhere from half a pound to sometimes even up full pound and a half off a rider's bike. This also makes for a really nice cool upgrade.
- How to Choose a Road Bike Frame
- Nutritional Supplements for Cycling
- How to Choose Bike Saddles
- Guide to Buying Road Bike Cranks
- Disc Brakes for Mountain Bikes
- Upgrading to Carbon Fiber Bike Seat Posts
- Innovations in Cycling Clothing
- How to Choose Road Bike Pedals
- How to Choose Mountain Bike Pedals
- Guide to Buying Mountain Bike Shoes
- Guide to Buying Road Bike Shoes
- How to Choose Mountain Bike Wheels
- How to Choose Bike Handlebars
- How to Choose Road Wheels for Your Bicycle