How to Remove a PT Cruiser 2.2L CRD Oil Filter
tool image by CraterValley Photo from Fotolia.com
The Chrysler PT Cruiser is a compact 4 door car with a 2.2 litre 4-cylinder turbo engine. The oil filter is located under the engine on the drive's side of the oil pan. Every time the oil is changed on the Chrysler PT Cruiser 2.2L the oil filter needs to be changed as well.
You need to have basic knowledge of the PT Cruiser in order to complete this job correctly.
Raise the right front side of the Chrysler PT Cruiser using the floor jack. Slide under the PT Cruiser on locate the oil pan, oil pan drain plug and oil filter.
Place the drain pan under the drain plug of the oil pan. Remove the oil pan drain plug using the ratchet set and let the oil drain from the oil pan for about five minutes. Replace the drain plug to the oil pan and tighten.
- The Chrysler PT Cruiser is a compact 4 door car with a 2.2 litre 4-cylinder turbo engine.
- The oil filter is located under the engine on the drive's side of the oil pan.
Connect the oil filter tool to the oil filter and twist in a counter-clockwise motion. Once the oil filter is loose remove it from the engine.
- "Chrysler PT Cruiser 2001-2003: Chilton's Total Car Care Repair Manuals"; Robert Maddox; 2003
- "PT Cruiser Performance Projects"; Alan Paradise; 2003
- Allow the PT Cruiser's engine to completely cool off before you remove the drain plug or the oil filter to avoid serious burns from hot engine oil.
Living in Tucson, Ariz., Robert Good has been writing from 2003 on a wide variety of subjects ranging from sports, gardening and cooking to auto repair, home maintenance and travel. Good holds a Bachelor of Science in psychology from the University of the State of New York.