Middle-aged women face the challenge of finding flattering clothing styles. Journalist Julia Turner says older women have more money to spend than younger women, but they have fewer choices in clothing which can make shopping frustrating. When some types of clothing seem suited to younger women and others seem suited to older women, a woman in the middle finds herself dissatisfied and confused as to what is most appropriate for her.
Other People Are Reading
The classics are always in vogue, which is why FiftyisthenewForty.net says middle-aged women should stick to the tried, tested and true. Forget the trends and focus on enduring styles you have admired in other fashionable, mature women and celebrities. Black, navy and neutral colours are always flattering and never go out of style.
Accessories are flattering to a middle-aged woman's age and shape, says LoveLifeBeauty.com. Shrugs and cardigans can cover less-than-perfect arms, and scarves disguise wrinkles around the neck area. Accessories are also a quick way to incorporate the latest colours into an otherwise neutral wardrobe. Grace n' Glamour writes that one statement piece of jewellery is more effective for mature women than the larger, funkier styles typically worn by younger women.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- Slate.com: Forth & Towne: Are Gap's new clothes for boomers any good?
- Anti-Aging-Articles.com: Dresses Older Women: Style and fashion Tips
- FiftyisthenewForty.net: Fashionable Fifty-Something: Keeping Your Style Edge!
- LoveLifeBeauty.com: Classy and Sophisticated Fashion Tips for Mature Women
- Grace N' Glamour: Fashion Tips for Middle Aged Women