Smoothies are nutritious meals or snacks that you can drink. Blend together fruit and yoghurt for a quick and easy fruit smoothie recipes that kids can make all by themselves. Everyone should have at least five servings of fruit and vegetables a day, and smoothies fit right into that plan. Kids can easily combine everything they like into a blender and serve themselves. Smoothies are ideal for school breakfasts or after school snacks. Fruit and yoghurt increase their daily fibre and calcium intake.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 teaspoon ground flaxseed
Pour yoghurt and a peeled banana into the carafe of a blender. The yoghurt adds calcium to the smoothie. The banana lends vitamins and thickens the smoothie.
Add frozen strawberries to the carafe. Frozen strawberries keep well or you can substitute your favourite fresh seasonal fruit or frozen fruit.
Add ground flaxseed to the carafe. According to Web MD, flaxseed has omega-3 essential fatty acids and fibre. It can be added to baked goods and smoothies for a boost of nutrition.
Turn the blender on and blend until everything is well mixed.
Pour the smoothie into a tall glass.
Tips and warnings
- Experiment with different fruit and nuts. Peanut butter and almonds can be added.
- Soy milk, coconut milk or cow's milk can be added to a quick and easy smoothie recipe.
- Ice can be added if you want a thicker, colder smoothie.
- Keep different types of frozen fruit in the freezer for smoothies.
- A hand blender is another way to mix smoothies.
- Young children will need supervision when using a blender.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for