Smoke machines are an ideal way to create a party atmosphere. A DMX controller is used to control the smoke machine and other lighting equipment. Some smoke machines come with a 5-pin connector to hook it up to the DMX controller. But if your DMX controller only supports a 3-pin DMX connector you can still connect it without having to buy a new controller.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 5-pin to 3-pin adaptor
Inspect your fog machine controller cable and be sure it is a 5-pin cable. Count the number of slots in the controller cable to make sure their are five holes. If you count three holes then you have a 3-pin cable and require no adaptor to make it work.
Plug in the male end of the 5-pin to 3-pin adaptor into the female end from the fog machine. Plug in the adaptor all the way.
Plug in the female end of the 5-pin to 3-pin adaptor into the DMX controller.
Tips and warnings
- Remove the adaptor by pulling it out when you want to use it with a 5-pin DMX controller.
- You can buy a 5-pin to 3-pin adaptor at most DJ supply stores either online or in person.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for