Moccasins are a style that almost any guy would like. They match practically everything and can be worn year round. To avoid having to purchase moccasins from a store, learn how to make your own pair of moccasins that are sure to fit your feet perfectly, since you will be measuring them to your exact specifications. Not a difficult or time-consuming task, making your own moccasins is a alternative to spending your money in a store. You can let your creative juices flow and make your own pair.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Sewing kit
- Leather or suede
- Fabric marker
Roll out the leather or suede fabric, depending on which you choose.
Trace the outsides of your feet on the inside of the fabric.
Place your feet on the fabric and fold the top part over your toes. Make a mark on the fabric where it hits the top of your foot.
Do the same thing with the fabric on each side of your foot and make a mark where the sides will meet the fabric on the top of your foot. You want the seam to be parallel between the big toe and the little toe.
Cut out the fabric according to the marker lines.
Using the sewing kit, sew up the fabric at the back of the heel and on the tops of the feet down the parallel toe lines.
Tips and warnings
- If you would like the inside of your moccasins to have a warm fur lining, cut out a faux fur fabric to match the size of the inside fabric. Then hot glue that fur fabric lining to the inside of the moccasins.
- Make sure the hot glue is dry and cooled before you sew up the moccasins or wear them.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for