Manzanitas are small trees featuring smooth bark and twisting branches. Bare, twisted manzanita branches make creative and eye-catching table centrepieces. You can use a branch to create an ethereal winter wonderland-inspired décor piece for your Christmas dinner party table. Adorn the barren branches with sparkling ornaments and shimmering craft items to create the look of snow and ice. After the party, use the decorative tree to enhance your office desk or a shelf.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 metre (40-inch) Manzanita branch
- 10 by 25 cm (4 by 10 inch) wooden box
- 10 by 10 cm (4 by 4 inch) block of florist's foam
- Hot glue gun
- White felt
- Ropes of crystals
- Mini, snowflake and ball-shaped ornaments
Push the stem of a 1 metre (40-inch) manzanita branch into a 10 by 10 cm (4 by 4 inch) block of florist's foam.
Apply hot glue to the bottom of the block and press it into the centre of a 10 by 25 cm (4 by 10 inch) wooden display box.
Fill the entire box with white felt to resemble soft snow. Be sure to cover the foam block as well.
Drape ropes of crystals from several of the branches to resemble sparkling icicles. Hang mini silver and pearlescent snowflake-shaped ornaments to add to the icy, winter-inspired look.
Add a festive, Christmas touch to the tree by hanging miniature green and red ball-shaped ornaments from the branches.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for