Maybe your bedroom door has been creaking closed during the night, maybe your dog has been growling at nothing in the corner, maybe you've felt like someone was there with you when you were all alone or maybe someone close to you has passed away recently and you feel the need to communicate with that person. Maybe you need to make a Ouija board, a tool of paranormal communication that has been utilised for more than a century.
- Skill level:
Things you need
Cut a piece of cardboard to size. Your Ouija board can be any size you like -- as small as a greeting card or as large as your dinner table. Typically, they are rectangular and approximately 14 inches by 10 inches.
Draw a moon in the upper right corner of the board. Write "YES" beside the moon.
Draw a sun in the upper left corner. Write "NO" beside it.
Write the alphabet across the centre of the board. Typically, the alphabet will be in two rows that arch across the board, one row being A through M, and the next row below it N through Z.
Write the numbers 0 through 9 in a row beneath the alphabet. This row typically is not arched but straight across.
Write "hello" in the bottom left corner. Write "goodbye" in the bottom right corner.
Gather around the Ouija board with a friend and both lightly hold a planchette. The planchette is any device that can point at specific letters, numbers or words on the board. Ask a question out loud and watch the motions of the planchette.
Tips and warnings
- You might cover your board with something clear and smooth, like laminate, glass or a transparent book film so the planchette will move more freely.
- You could use a coin or shot glass for a planchette, or you could make your own pointing device out of cardboard.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for