Slimes were first introduced in the Alpha 1.0.11 update of "Minecraft," a 3D game that involves mining, adventuring and spelunking. While small Slimes are not hostile, larger Slimes will harm the player and will break into several hostile Slimes when hit. Slimes can often be hard to find, as they only spawn in the lower 16 levels of the map in open mines or large caves. Locating Slimes can be a challenge, but you can discover them by using a few mining tricks.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Pickaxes (stone or iron)
- Sword (iron or diamond)
- Pork chops
Prepare yourself for a mining expedition. Create several iron or stone pick axes, two stacks of torches and an iron or diamond sword. Take a few pork chops and equip a suit of armour for extra protection against large Slimes.
Find a suitable area to start digging. It should be enclosed and well lit so hostile monsters, like Zombies or Creepers, will not spawn on top of you while you are mining. Begin to dig downward in a spiral pattern. Create stairs with blocks as you dig. This will keep you from digging straight downward and will provide a way to ascend out of the mine when you finish.
Dig downward until you hit bedrock blocks. Bedrock blocks indicate that you are in the bottom 16 layers of the map. When you hit bedrock blocks, do not continue digging downward. If you haven't found a cave system containing Slimes at this point, you can create a cave on your own in which the Slimes can spawn.
Mine out a room at least five blocks high and nine blocks wide. Cover the walls in torches and wait for Slimes to spawn. If the room is big enough and well lit, they should eventually appear. Use your iron or diamond sword to protect yourself against larger Slimes.
Tips and warnings
- If no Slimes spawn in your artificial cave, you can cheat by hitting the "F3" button on your keyboard and searching the walls for moving numbers. These numbers indicate where creatures have spawned. Mine towards the numbers, and you may find Slimes.
- Retreat to the surface if you encounter a large number of large Slimes, as they can kill you rapidly. They will stick to you and will crowd around you to keep you from moving if you cannot escape fast enough.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for