In "New Moon" Bella Swan is the pretty, teen wannabe vamp, pining for Edward Cullen. She doesn't have fangs or claws but you can still make an effective Bella Swan costume. Include key elements of Bella's sweet and slightly old fashioned style, mixed with the regular trendy teen clothes that feature in the film. Make the look more horror-inspired by focusing on her pale complexion and vampire desires. This might be a subtle Halloween look, but everyone will know who you are.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Pale foundation
- Brown eyeshadow
- Cream lip tint or stain in a rosy red
- Pale shimmer highlighter (optional)
- Black mascara (optional)
- Long, dark wig (optional)
- Prom dress
- Embroidered fine-knit cardigan
- Long-sleeved T-shirt
- Slim-fit jeans
Smooth pale foundation into your skin. In "New Moon" Bella has sunk into a deep depression and spends a lot of time looking pale and ill. Use a fluid foundation in a colour a couple of shades lighter than your own, so that you get a natural but sickly look.
Dust a little brown eyeshadow over your eyelids and blend this under the eye to make dark circles. You can also dust a little of this under the cheekbones and blend really well. This gives a drawn, sickly look, perfect for Halloween.
Part long hair in the centre. Then slip on a hairband to gently pull back the front and sides of the hair. If you don't have long brown hair like Bella you could wear a wig as this is one of her most distinctive features.
Pull on a pair of slim-fit jeans, casual top and jacket. In the Twilight movies, Bella wears items from trendy brands such as BB Dakota and Curious Gypsy. Her style involves simple fitted thermals, utility-wear or sweet tops with embroidery. Her most famous casual item in "New Moon" is a green, hooded plaid jacket.
Blend a dab of foundation, a shade too light, into your skin, over the face, neck and decollete.
Dab a spot of lip-tint on lips and cheeks, with a finger, for a fresh natural look like Bella has at the start of the film.
Slick on two coats of black mascara. This defines the eyes without looking over made-up. Bella always looks traditionally demure.
Slip on your prom dress and add a fine knit cardigan if desired. Throughout the Twilight saga, Bella is seen wearing pretty knitwear, sometimes with fine embroidery on it.
Brush long hair so that it's shiny, knot-free and with a centre part. You could wear Bella's classic hairband, or you pull the sides back with clips. If you are wearing a wig, make sure that it is tangle-free and shiny.
Dust shimmer powder over the skin to give Twilight-style vampire-sparkle. In "New Moon," Bella is not yet a vampire but this adds some Halloween magic to your costume.
Tips and warnings
- Bella always dresses like a modern teen, without being too girlie, but this is mixed with a pretty and slightly old-fashioned style that turns her into a classic heroine from traditional vampire literature. Dress your outfit with accessories, such as the moonstone ring she wears in the films. This is simple circle containing a white moonstone.
- If you want ditch realism in favour of Halloween fun, a pair of red, glowing vampire contact lenses are perfect to go with any Twilight Saga outfit.
- Follow strict hygiene procedures when wearing contact lenses. Only use them according to the manufacturer's instructions and put them in before applying make-up.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for