Lustre markets some lithium- and sodium hydroxide-based texturizers that are designed to loosen the kinky or tightly curled hair shaft. Used in tandem with curl activating spray and styling gel or pomade, waves are a possible style for texturised hair. The lithium hydroxide-based texturizer marketed for women is sold as Luster Pink ShortLooks Hair Texturizer. The sodium hydroxide texturising kit for men is marketed as Lustre's S-Curl Texturizer. Both are useful for creating waves.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Lustre Pink ShortLooks Hair Texturizer kit or Lustre's S-Curl Texturizer kit
- Lustre S-Curl Styling Gel or 360 Style Wave Pomade
- Lustre S-Curl "No Drip" Activator and Moisturizer spray
- Wave cap
- Soft-bristled brush
- Comb (optional)
- 2 towels
- Plastic cap (optional)
- Hood dryer (optional)
Put on your gloves. Lustre's texturising products do not have to be pre-mixed. You may apply it to hair directly with your fingers or with the side of a comb.
Apply your Luster texturizer to virgin hair only. Applying texturizer to hair that is already texturised straightens it and prevents it from curling up with activation products. Your hair will also have patches of straight and curly hair that will not wave up uniformly.
Leave the texturizer on for the length of time recommended by Luster.
Rinse the texturizer out of your hair thoroughly. Use a temperature of water as hot as you can stand without discomfort.
Wash your hair with the colour alarm-neutralising shampoo that comes with your texturising kit. Neutralising shampoo stops the chemical process. During the first wash, the water will run pink. Pink demonstrates the presence of residual texturizer.
Wash your hair as many times as necessary for the water to run completely clear. Towel dry and apply the conditioner that comes with your kit. Leave it on for three to five minutes as Luster recommends or cover your hair with a plastic cap and sit under a dryer for 15 minutes for a deep conditioning.
Rinse the conditioner out with cool water and towel dry. Do not allow your hair to dry completely.
Spray the Luster activator and moisturising spray liberally to your hair to activate the curl pattern. Any straight or frizzy ends will curl up immediately.
Apply the S-curl styling gel or pomade liberally through your curls. Brush the hair down from the crown on all sides of your head.
Cover with your wave cap until the hair dries. Your hair will dry with waves.
Tips and warnings
- Waves are maintained by wearing a wave cap daily.
- Prevent dryness in the hair by using Lustre's S-Curl "No Drip" Activator and Moisturizer spray.
- Lustre texturizers dry out the hair shaft, which can make non-moisturised S-curls appear frizzy.
- A hard-bristled brush can damage wet, chemically treated hair.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- Hair Styling Product: Luster Pink ShortLooks Hair Texturizer No Mix No Lye Kit for All Hair Textures Kit 1ea. Search
- The Beauty Pot: Luster's S CURL Texturizer Kit
- YouTube: JusCallMehMarq: S-Curl pt.1
- YouTube: JusCallMehMarq: S-Curl pt.2
- YouTube: TURKS726: How to Get 360 Waves Learn the Secrets to Getting Them