Sock puppets are a fun way to get some additional use from old socks or those without mates. You can make a sock puppet even if you do not know how to sew. Once you make a sock puppet, you and your children can use it to sing songs like "Mary Had a Little Lamb" or "Ba Ba Black Sheep." You can also use your sock sheep puppet to tell funny stories or act out a play.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Pencil or pen
- Hot glue gun
- Googly eyes or buttons
- Wool or yarn
- Permanent marker
- Cotton balls
Push your hand into the toe of the sock and tuck the toe of the sock into your hand to make a mouth. Use the pencil to lightly mark where you want the eyes, nose and tongue to be.
Hot glue the googly eyes in place or sew buttons on if you are using them instead.
Cut a nose, tongue and ears from your felt and glue them to the sock puppet in the places you marked.
Draw a mouth on your sheep with the permanent marker. You can draw in both the upper and lower lips based on where your hand is in the puppet.
Hot glue yarn or wool on the sheep for hair. Use as much hair as you want until the sheep looks right to you.
Hot glue three or four cotton balls down near the cuff of the sock to represent the sheep's tail.
Tips and warnings
- Put your hand into the sock and open and close your hand to make the sheep look like it is talking.
- Keep the hot glue gun away from children and do not touch the tip of the gun since it is very hot.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for