Citizens of Morocco must carry a current and valid Moroccan passport for international travel. Biometric passports can be obtained in Morocco or at Moroccan diplomatic missions abroad. Biometric passports contain security features to increase reliability and prevent fraudulent use of the documents. Residents of the United States who are citizens of Morocco can apply for a passport at the Moroccan Embassy in Washington, D.C., and the Consulate General of the Kingdom of Morocco in New York.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Ensure you meet the requirements to apply for a Moroccan passport. Only citizens of Morocco can apply for a Moroccan passport.
Verify that you have all the documents necessary to apply for a passport. Adult applicants for a Moroccan passport must provide a national identity card, the Carte Nationale d'identité éléctronique (CNIE). If a CNIE has not been obtained, a receipt for a CNIE application must be submitted with the applicant's original birth certificate or civil status certificate (copie intégrale du registre de l'Etat Civil) issued within the last three months by the Bureau of Vital Records in the applicant's birth place. A copy of the applicant's consular card also must be provided.
Obtain two passport photos. Applicant's must provide two identical passport photos when applying for a Moroccan passport. Photos must show the applicant's face, be on blue or light grey background, and measure 35 millimetres by 45 millimetres.
Complete a passport application form. Application forms can be obtained from a Moroccan diplomatic mission or downloaded from the website of the Consulate General of Morocco in New York. Applications must be dated and signed by the applicant or the legal guardian for applicants who are minors.
Submit your application form and application fee (stamp fees). Applications can be submitted by mail or in person at a Moroccan diplomatic mission. Residents of New York City should visit the Consulate General and residents of the District of Columbia, Virginia and Maryland should visit the Moroccan Embassy in Washington. Moroccan citizens living elsewhere in the United States should mail their applications to the Consulate General in New York. Passports will be mailed back to applicants once issued.
Tips and warnings
- All Moroccan citizens living in the United States must register with a diplomatic mission in the U.S. after they arrive. At the time of registration, a consular card is issued.
- A signed affidavit must be submitted with a passport application in case an application is being made to replace a passport that was lost or stolen.
- If renewing a passport, applicants also must submit the expiring or expired passport with their application form.
- Applications for minors between the ages of 12 and 18 must be submitted in person. Instead of providing a CNIE card, minor's applying for a passport must provide fingerprints in person when submitting the application.
- In addition to the requirements outlined in this article, guardians of minors must provide written proof of legal guardianship.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for