If you are looking for creepy Halloween decorations, a simple fake hand made from a water-filled medical glove might be just the thing you need to make your home more frightful. You can freeze a water-filled glove for an edible ice hand to place in a punch bowl, or paint the glove to resemble a real hand. Since your homemade fake hand may be much less expensive then a store-bought prop, you can make as many as you like.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Medical glove
- Rubber band
- Cloth or paper towel
- Nail polish (optional)
- Spray paint (optional)
- Fake blood (optional)
- Fruit punch or juice (optional)
- Bug candy or gummy worms (optional)
Slip your hand into the medical glove to stretch it out. Remove your hand from the glove. Turn it inside-out as you remove it, as the inside of the glove is better to paint on.
Fill the glove with water from a tap until it takes the shape of a human hand. Do not overfill the glove.
Tie the end of the glove tightly with a rubber band, and dry it off with a cloth or paper towel.
Spray paint the glove entirely with flesh tones, and allow the paint to dry. Apply nail polish to the tops of the finger tips if you wish. Drip fake blood over the hand for a scary finish.
Fill a clean, powder-free non-latex glove with water. You may substitute the water with fruit punch or juice if you desire, but do not fill the glove with alcohol as it may not freeze correctly. Put some candy bugs or gummy worms in the glove along with the water for an even creepier finished product.
Tie the end of the glove tightly with a rubber band. Place the glove on a sheet of waxed paper and place it in the freezer overnight.
Remove the hand from the freezer right before you plan to put it in the punch bowl. Ensure that it is completely frozen. Cut the latex glove off of the frozen hand shape and peel the glove from the hand.
Place the hand in the punch bowl and drizzle some edible fake blood over it if you like.
Frozen Punch Bowl Hand
Tips and warnings
- Mix the water with sand in the glove for a more pliable decorative hand.
- Make at least two frozen punch bowl hands so that you have a replacement once the first one begins to melt.
- Use latex-free gloves for the frozen hands to avoid any allergic reactions from your guests.
- Always use spray paint in a well ventilated area and wear a surgical mask or dust mask to avoid breathing in the fumes.
- Be careful with water-filled glove around sharp objects to avoid holes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for