The carbonated beverage Coke contains a distinct flavour. While the beverage is refreshing, the soda also has allowed people to create a wide range of recipes. Coke combined with other common ingredients can create a flavourful marinade to tenderise beef cuts. Coke marinade recipes vary according to personal tastes. Marinate any cut of beef with Coke to infuse it with a contemporary flavour to create a delicious entrée.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- 3175gr. can Coke
- 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- Plastic storage bag
Combine the Coke, vinegar, olive oil, soy sauce and lime juice into a plastic storage bag large enough to hold the beef cut.
Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the marinade to suit your tastes.
Add the cut of beef to the marinade. Seal the plastic storage bag shut tightly.
Rotate the bag to cover the beef with the marinade. Place the beef cut in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
Turn the beef cut over after four to six hours.
Remove the beef cut from the marinade. Drain the excess marinade from the beef.
Tips and warnings
- Baste the beef with the marinade by bringing the liquid to a boil on the hob for five minutes. Boiling the marinade will kill any harmful bacteria.
- Always wash your hands after you handle the raw beef to prevent the risk of a food borne illness.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for