In StarCraft 2, users can battle each other or play cooperatively on Battle.net. Scalable non-player characters, competitive player rankings and custom-game modes provide a plethora of options for StarCraft 2 online gameplay. The game also has a single-player campaign, picking up where StarCraft and Brood War left off. (Your normal StarCraft 2 account is linked to an online profile, and you can't play offline using that profile. However, if you want to play the single-player campaign offline, you can do so as a guest.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Put your StarCraft 2 game disc in your computer's CD-ROM drive. If you haven't installed StarCraft 2 yet, follow the on-screen instructions to automatically install the game onto your hard drive.
Click "Play" when the auto-run feature appears on-screen. If the auto-run doesn't start, click "Start," "All Programs," "Starcraft II."
Click "Play As Guest." If StarCraft 2 automatically loads your online account, click "Menu" and "Log Off" to return to the main screen where guests log in. A guest account is a nondescript offline account. You can play the entire single-player game without connecting to the Internet, but you cannot access achievements or play multiplayer modes.
Tips and warnings
- The "Play As Guest" option is only valid if you registered your copy of StarCraft 2. To register, all you need to do is click "Sign Up" and provide a username, password and e-mail address from the main menu. If the username requested is already in use, you are prompted to try a different name. Once you provide Battle.net with your basic information, your account is created and you can play StarCraft 2 online or off.
- You can play StarCraft 2 offline, but your single-player achievements do not count toward your online achievement score. You only get credit for the achievements if you are connected to the Internet while playing.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for