Fresh meat pies are enjoyed thruoghout the world as part of a hearty dinner. Meat pies come in a variety of flavours, depending on which cuisine they are based on. However, preparing the pies is often time consuming and requires a fair amount of preparation. To prevent this, often many people make a large batch and freeze them, or purchase pre-made frozen pies. Reheating these pies is simple and provides a large, flavourful meal with little preparation and great ease.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Frozen pre-cooked 12-inch meat pie
- Baking tray
Insert the pie in to the refrigerator and thaw for eight hours. Remove and unwrap the meat pie, discard the wrappings, before baking.
Place the pie on the baking tray. This aids in conducting heat evenly throughout the bottom.
Preheat the oven to 204 degrees Celsius.
Insert the pie in to the oven and cook for five minutes. Reduce the oven's heat to 177 degrees Celsius.
Cook the meat for another 10 minutes, or until the middle is warmed.
Tips and warnings
- If your oven is causing the edges of the pastry to burn, cover them with a strip of tinfoil.
- Store meat pies in the freezer for only two to four months.
- Do not attempt to reheat the pie in the microwave as this causes the pastry to become soggy.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for