Samsung phones that are compatible with GSM (Global System Mobility) networks, such as AT&T and T-Mobile, use a SIM card. The SIM card stores your subscriber information and you can transfer it from phone to phone. Many Samsung devices also give you the ability to copy phone book contacts to your SIM card. This makes it easy to move your address book to a new phone. It also allows you to back up important contacts to a place other than your Samsung's internal memory.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Press the "Menu" key to open the main menu.
Scroll to and select "Address Book." Choose "Search" or "List," depending on model.
Highlight an entry you wish to copy to the SIM card. Press "Options."
Choose "Copy to SIM Card." Repeat for each entry you wish to move to your SIM card.
Tips and warnings
- Only names and numbers can be stored on the SIM card.
- Entries must be copied individually.
- Not all Samsung phones have the ability to move contacts to the SIM card. See your user guide for details.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for