As one of the most recognisable names in cosmetics, Clinique has been a mainstay of the beauty world since 1968. This worldwide brand is part of the Estee Lauder Companies and is sold primarily in department and speciality stores. Becoming a Clinique consultant is an option for many individuals who wish to work in the beauty industry and are interested in make-up application, skin care or fragrance. Clinique consultants should expect to advise clients on products, keep up to date on new trends in the industry, demonstrate accurate product knowledge and build new business.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Other People Are Reading
Assess your skills, knowledge and abilities against Clinique's expectations for consultants. According to Clinique, consultants must posses minimum qualifications for hiring. These include a level of comfort in physical touching (i.e. applying make-up to client's faces), good communication abilities and at least a high school diploma or GED (or equivalent).
Go to the Clinique Consultant page of the company's website. Scroll down to the "Submit Resume" link under Apply For This Job. Click on the link.
Accurately fill in all of the required fields. These will include your name, e-mail and where you live. Additionally, you will need to answer questions regarding your legal ability to work in the U.S. (for U.S. applicants only), legal age for employment, comfort level working with customers, schedule flexibility, interest in goal-oriented sales, cosmetology certifications or licenses, past employment history and desired pay. You may also include a resume and cover letter.
Click on the "Submit" link to start the application process. Individual retail stores, not Clinique itself, make the final decision on hiring. If selected, you may be asked to participate in a phone or face-to-face interview at a local Clinique retailer.
Tips and warnings
- If you do not wish to go through the Clinique website, you may be able to apply for a consultant job directly through the hiring department of a store such as Macy's.
- Look the part for an interview. You will be working in a public space as the face of Clinique. The company expects you to adhere to grooming and dress standards. Make sure that your appearance is neat and polished.
- The more beauty and retail experience you have the better. Showcase any experience, even unpaid jobs or internship positions, in your resume.
- Consultants must be flexible in terms of scheduling needs. Be sure to let the hiring manager know about your willingness to work on different days or times of the day.
- Never lie about experience on your application.
- If you know that you will not feel comfortable applying make-up to clients or that you have a difficult time in a goal-oriented sales environment, consider a different type of position.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for