The HTC Hero phone is designed with a 2-gigabyte microSD storage expansion slot and preinstalled microSD card on the back of the phone under the battery compartment cover. This card helps to provide additional storage for data such as pictures, music and video. Typically, a person removes this card to replace it because of a defect or to access files saved to a different card. No matter your reason, you can usually access and remove the card in about a minute.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Turn off your HTC Hero.
Position the phone with the top pointing up and the screen facing away.
Place your thumbs at the centre of the back cover under the lens. Push up on the cover and lift it away. Set the back cover aside.
Press in on the exposed edge of the microSD card to unlock and pop it from its slot, then remove it from your phone.
Tips and warnings
- HTC recommends removing the microSD card with the phone turned off. If you must remove the card while the phone's turned on though, perform the microSD card unmounting procedure first to protect the card and data. Press the "Home" key and then the "Menu" key. Touch "Settings," scroll to and select "SD & phone storage" from the options, select "Unmount SD card" and then follow the same steps to pop the card from its slot as you would with the device turned off.
- Never remove the microSD card from your HTC Hero during file transfers or when trying to access data saved on the card.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for