Pretend to sail the high seas pillaging and plundering as a pirate. Dressing up as a pirate for Halloween or a costume party can be an enjoyable and creative activity. Wearing make-up can enhance the costume and complete the pirate look. Use false eyelashes and smoky eyeshadow to add glamour and mystery to your pirate costume. Learn how to apply pirate make-up to girls for a swashbuckling good outfit.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Foundation or powder
- Make-up sponge or foundation brush
- Black eyeliner
- Smoky eyeshadow kit
- Eyeshadow brush
- Red lipstick
- False eyelashes
Apply a base layer of foundation or powder to match your skin tone. Dust on powder with a fluffy brush or smooth on foundation with a make-up sponge. Completely cover your face with a thin layer of foundation or powder and blend it down into your neck.
Line your eyes with black eyeliner. Pull slightly on the outer corner of your eye as you line the upper and lower eyelids, staying as close to the lash line as possible.
Use an eyeshadow brush to cover your entire eyelid with the lightest silver or grey eyeshadow shade in the smoky eyeshadow kit.
Apply the grey, or medium, shade to the crease of the eyelid.
Apply the black eyeshadow to the outer corner of the eyelid and under the lower lashes. Use an eyeshadow brush to thoroughly blend the black eyeshadow into the eyeliner with small, quick motions. Angle the brush to ensure a thin application.
Apply black false eyelashes. Dot eyelash glue on the upper eyelid as close to the eyelashes as possible. Slowly place the false eyelashes on the glue, starting from the outer corner of the eyelid. Gently hold them in place for a few seconds while the glue dries and the eyelashes set.
Dust a reddish blush lightly on the apples of your cheeks using the foundation brush.
Apply red lipstick in a shade that flatters your skin tone.
Tips and warnings
- Smoky eyeshadow kits should come with at least three colours: light sliver or shimmery grey, dark grey and black.
- Use a cotton swab to blend eyeshadow colours for a smokier look.
- Gold or silver glitter can be applied around the eyes to enhance the make-up.
- Wear a pirate eye patch if desired to complete the pirate look.
- Apply eye make-up and false eyelashes slowly and carefully to avoid eye injury.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for