It's fairly easy to make your own glow poi with just a short list of materials. Glow poi are used primarily to dance with. Glow poi consist of two glowing objects at the end of a string or ribbon that a dancer twirls around her body as she performs. Glow poi can be used in place of fire poi for dance performances; they are also good to practice with before dancing with fire poi. Glow poi are often used in nightclubs.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- 5 feet of cloth ribbon
- Sewing needle
- 2 glowing LED balls or glow sticks
Cut your ribbon into two 30-inch pieces.
Sew loop handles into the end of each 30-inch ribbon. Do this by taking one end of the ribbon, folding back two inches to make a loop and sewing the loop closed.
Attach one glowing LED ball or glow stick to the other end of each ribbon, either by sewing it into place or tying the ribbon securely around it.
Test your new glow poi by sliding one loop over the index and middle finger of each hand and spinning them around.
Tips and warnings
- Different sizes of LED objects will have different weights and spin differently.
- You can purchase LED balls with built-in hooks that make them easy to attach to the ribbon.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for