Pork chops can be made on the grill, baked in the oven, pan fried or made on an electric griddle. When you make pork chops on the griddle, you are searing in the meats natural juices. Using a simple marinade for the pork chops will help create a favourable tasting meal that will be ready to eat in less than 25 minutes cooking time.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 2 tsp celery salt
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp crushed funnel seed
- 4 boneless pork chops
Mix together the celery salt, coriander, oregano, cumin and fennel seed in a small bowl.
Place four boneless pork chops in a shallow dish. Sprinkle the spice mixture over each pork chop.
Place the pork chops in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours to marinade.
Turn on the griddle. Set the heat setting between 163 to 191 degrees Celsius. Allow the griddle to get hot. Some griddles have a light that will turn on or turn off when the griddle reaches the appropriate temperature.
Remove the pork chops from the refrigerator. Place each chop on the griddle. Grill for 7.5 to 10 minutes per side for 1/2-inch thick pork chops or 10 to 12.5 minutes per side for 3/4-inch thick pork chops. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the pork chops, which should be 71.1 degrees Celsius.
Remove pork chops from the griddle when done and serve.
Tips and warnings
- Serve your pork chops with traditional sides like greens and applesauce, or add your favourite vegetables steamed fresh for a healthy and delicious meal.
- Recommended wine choices for grilled pork chops include red wines like zinfandel, shiraz and pinot noir.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for