Live action role-playing, frequently referred to as "LARPing," started in the late 1970s. To play, participants assume the roles of their chosen characters and interact with other characters under the parameters set up by the game master. LARPs are played in a variety of styles and themes such as medieval and western. where players often dress in costumes and fight each other using customised weapons likes swords and bows, often made with foam. One of the more complex weapons used in LARPing is the bow and arrow. Some game masters allow you to use a real bow and modify real arrows for safety, while others require you throw arrow packets while holding your bow.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Finch bird seed
- Hair elastics
- PVC Pipe, 1-inch diameter
- String or wire
- Coping saw
Cut the PVC pipe to length. Length varies according to personal preference and whether you intend to shoot real arrows or use arrow packets.
Use the coping saw cut a quarter-inch slit diagonally into the pipe a couple inches away from each end. The cut should be going towards the outside of the pipe.
Attach your string or wire to one end of the PVC pipe by running it through the slit you just cut. Tie it off securely.
Pull the string or wire taut and attach to the other end of the pipe. At this point, your pipe bends to form a bow.
Cut a small square of fabric approximately five inches by five inches to start making an arrow packet.
Pour a spoonful of bird seed into the centre of the fabric.
Fold the edges up and tie off with a hair elastic. The elastic needs to be tight enough that bird seed never falls out when thrown.
Tips and warnings
- To shoot real arrows with your PVC bow use real arrow strings.
- Make sure your equipment is approved by the gamemaster before using it in the game.
- If you modify real arrows, remove the point from the arrow before covering the head with foam.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for