The perfect accessory for vintage-inspired gowns and weddings, or just for a bride who wants to stand out with a unique headpiece, wedding fascinators are making a comeback. Forget tiaras and headbands, the fascinator is the ultimate accessory for a dramatic bride. A netting veil mixed with flowers, feathers, crystals or pearls, the headpiece is cheap and quick to assemble, as well as easily personalised. If you can work a glue gun, you can create your own beautiful fascinator.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Hot glue
- Glue gun
- Accessory comb
- Artificial flower
Cut netting into a circle 12 inches in diameter.
Squeeze hot glue onto the top of the accessory comb.
Gather a 4-inch segment of the circle by folding the netting into pleats. Fold pleated netting over the top of the accessory comb, gluing the netting in place. Netting veil and comb prongs should be facing the same direction. Let dry completely.
Trim any stems from artificial flowers so that buds can adhere flatly to the netting and comb.
Squeeze hot glue on top of the pleated netting. Layer feathers in the glue to hide the accessory comb.
Squeeze hot glue onto the backside of the artificial flower and adhere it to the centre of the feathers. Let dry completely.
Pick crystals, pearls, sequins or other embellishments to accentuate the fascinator's focal point.
Squeeze a glob of hot glue onto a disposable surface.
Using tweezers, pick up an embellishment and dip it into the hot glue. Place embellishment on flower or feather focal point to add glitz. Petals or the ends of feathers look best.
Repeat step 3 for each embellishment to be added. Let dry completely.
Tips and warnings
- Do not substitute tulle for netting. Tulle is a much thinner mesh than netting, and the fascinator will block the face too much if made out of tulle.
- Do not add too many embellishments. Less is more when it comes to accentuating a delicate headpiece like a fascinator.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for