A dogs clothes rack allows you to display all of your dog's outfits on one cute and convenient rack. This clothes rack will make your life easier as you can quickly choose your dog's outfit without having to rummage through piles of clothes. This rack is made out of materials that can be purchased from local hardware or craft stores, or from online retailers.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Things you need
- 2 Plywood Boards (12 inches x 2 inches)
- 2 Plywood Boards (10 inches x 6 inches)
- Glue Gun
- Dowel Rod (10 inches)
- Old Newspaper
Lay out sheets of old newspaper to protect your work surfaces. Place one of the wooden plywood boards that is 10 inches by 6 inches on top of the newspaper, so that it is lying vertically. Use the ruler to locate and mark the middle of the board (widthways). At the bottom of the piece of wood measure 3 inches up and mark with the pencil. From this mark, draw a line 2 inches horizontally. Now draw a line straight up from this point to the top of the wood. Repeat with the other side. You should now have a template that has a rectangular shape at the base, with a long horizontal rectangle coming up from its centre.
Use the saw to carefully cut along the pencil lines to create your wooden template. Sand down the outer edges of the wood with the sandpaper so that it is smooth. Measure and mark the spot that is 1 inch in from the top length of the rectangular base. Saw a cut into this mark that is 1 inch deep. This cut will be used to hold the other wooden planks that will stabilise the clothes rack.
Repeat Steps 1 and 2 with the other piece of 10-by-6 plywood board.
Hold one of the cut plywood pieces vertically and slot the two 2-by-12 boards into each of the 1-inch cuts. Slot the other ends into the cuts in the other cut plywood board.
Squeeze a drop of glue directly onto both ends of the dowel rod. Insert the dowel rod between the two plywood cut boards roughly 1-inch below the top edge. Apply light pressure to the outside edges of the boards and hold for several minutes until the glue sets. This will form the clothes rail.
Tips and warnings
- This dog clothes rack is designed to hold clothes that are for miniature-size dogs, such as dachshunds. If you have a larger dog, simply double or triple the sizes of the wood. This project should not be used for extra large dogs, such as Great Danes, as the plywood may not be able to take the weight of the clothes.
- You can use doll clothes hangers as dog clothes hangers.
- The clothes rack can be decorated with acrylic paints, stencils, stamps and ribbons.
- The glue gun and saw should only be used by responsible adults.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for