Total Drama Island (TDI) is an animated television show that airs on Cartoon Network. It features 22 teenagers competing in events on TDI to prove who is the best competitor when it's all over. The show made history by becoming the first animated reality show to air on Cartoon Network. When you want to make your own TDI character, you need an image of one of the characters to work with and a paint tool program to tweak the image to match your desires.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Total Drama Island character image
- Paint Tool Sai program
Open your web browser and select the TDI character image you want to model your character after; download it to the desktop.
Download the Paint Tool Sai program to the desktop. Open its installer and follow the prompts to install it to the computer. Open the program after you have installed it.
Click "File" in the top left corner of the Sai window, and select "Open;" click the TDI image you saved to the desktop and click "Open" to display it within Sai.
Press the "New Layer" button, which is the piece of paper with its top right corner folded down on the far left and press the "New Linework Layer" button right next to "New Layer." Roll your mouse button up to zoom in on the character.
Select the "Curve" button, which is the wavy symbol in the middle pane to the left of the TDI character and click the outline of the character; trace around the entire outline with this feature to give you the base of your character.
Add additional features to your character, such as long hair, with the "Curve" button; draw in the features around the outline of the character.
Select the "Pen" button, located above the "Curve" button, to add pupils or other solid features to your character.
Click the "Eye" image in the top-left corner of the Sai window to display the outline, lines and features you have drawn for your character; adjust the lines and features as necessary by clicking and dragging them into place with your mouse.
Colour in your TDI character by clicking the "New Layer" button. Highlight the colour you want to use in the colour wheel located to the left of your character with your mouse and click the "Ink Pen" button below the "Pen" button to colour in your character and his/her features with your desired colours.
Save your character by clicking "File," scrolling down to "Save" and selecting it. Type in a name for your character and click "Save." Open the character you created within the program to make further adjustments.
Tips and warnings
- Check your "Curve" drawing progress quickly by hitting the "Control" button on the keyboard; Sai will then display the lines you have drawn.
- Undo mistakes you make along the way by pressing down "Control" and "Z" on your keyboard at the same time; Sai will then undo the mistake and you can try again.
- Save your character as a ".jpg" file if you want to share it with your friends; saving it in this format allows you to easily upload it to Internet websites. Simply add ".jpg" to the end of your character's name, such as "MyCharacter,jpg," and hit "Save." Find the file within the Sai folder to use/export it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for