Balloons can be a big hit at children's parties. One easy balloon shape to make is a pirate balloon sword. It only takes a few seconds to make and kids will get a kick out of it.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Inflate the balloon, leaving around an inch uninflated at the end.
Tie the balloon at the end you inflated it and twist a small bubble around one inch in size at the tied end.
Grab the balloon about five inches from the tied end, fold it over and tie a loop just below the bubble you made in Step 2.
Grab the balloon just above the loop and make a twist just above where your hand is gripping the balloon. This will form the sword's handle.
Take the top end of the balloon, fold it back, thread it through the loop and pull it through. Your balloon sword is complete.
Tips and warnings
- Stretch the balloon before use to ensure that it inflates fully.
- Use modelling balloons. Normal balloons will burst when you twist them.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for