There are various reasons why you may wish to hide your cell phone number when making calls from your BlackBerry smartphone. If you use your BlackBerry for business, you may not want your clients and business contacts to have access to your personal number. BlackBerry phones allow you to stop your number from appearing on caller ID when you make outgoing calls.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Press the "Call" button. The "Call" button has a green telephone logo.
Press the "Menu" button.
Using the click-wheel or touchscreen, select and click "Options," then "General Options."
Scroll to the "Restrict My Identity" option. Click and select "Always."
Press the "Menu" button, then click "Save."
Tips and warnings
- Check that your configuration change has worked by calling another phone that you have access to. Sometimes a provider network setting can override your BlackBerry configuration. Contact your service provider if you require further details.
- Some cellular providers' voicemail services will require you to manually input your phone number to access your messages if you hide your caller ID.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for