The Windows taskbar acts as the starting point for nearly every function offered by your PC. Microsoft Windows has incorporated a few customisation options into the taskbar in order for anyone to arrange and remove icons and programs. For instance, you can pin programs to the taskbar so they always appear and add important system icons in the notification area. Likewise, you can delete these items from the taskbar.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Right-click an unused space on the taskbar.
Click "Taskbar," located in the tabs list on the top of the window.
Choose "Customize" in the "Notification area" section.
Click the drop-down menu next to the item you wish to remove.
Select "Hide icon and notifications."
Tips and warnings
- Right-click a program in the taskbar and click "Unpin" to remove it.
- You can rearrange pinned programs by clicking and dragging them to your desired spot.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for