Some TV stands are simply too short--too close to the floor--to provide a good viewing position for an LCD TV. If yours is like this and you don't like the height of your LCD TV when it is sitting on it, don't rush out and get a new TV stand just yet. With a decent-sized piece of plywood and some 2-by-4s/2-by-6s, you can create a homemade lifting platform for your LCD TV to sit on. When placed on your TV stand, this will lift your LCD TV considerably higher up.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 1 28-by-14-inch piece of plywood**
- 2 14-inch 2-by-4s or 2-by-6s**
- 6 1 3/4-inch or 2-inch wood screws
- Power drill
- **Depending on the size of the base on your LCD TV, you can reduce or increase the sizes of the pieces of wood. If you do reduce/increase the size of a piece of wood, make sure that you change the size of the others pieces to match it.
Lay the two 2-by-4 or 2-by-6 pieces of wood down parallel to each other on their narrow sides; approximately 28 inches apart, and then set the piece of plywood on top of them. The 2-by-4s/2-by-6s will be the support pieces.
Line up both the 14-inch edges of the plywood with the 14-inch support pieces, making sure they are completely flush on all adjoining sides, and then mark three equally spaced spots on the plywood (above each support piece) for the screws.
Screw the plywood to the support pieces with your power drill, taking care that the plywood and support pieces remain flush during the operation. Once they're all connected, place your homemade lifting platform on your TV stand and put your LCD TV on top of it. The building process is now complete; your LCD TV is ready to be watched from a far more comfortable position.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for