Opening up a Nintendo DS portable gaming system often seems impossible as the screws that hold the device are rather unique. They are a tri-wing design that most people do not have an attachment for. This is meant to prevent people from opening the DS haphazardly. It is not impossible to do so, it just requires a bit of elbow grease.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Flathead screw driver for eyeglasses
Pop off the rubber stoppers on the back of the DS. These cover the screws.
Put the eyeglasses flathead screwdriver into the hole where the screws are. Begin turning it slowly until you feel it has fallen into the screwhead.
Press hard against the screw and turn counterclockwise. It will catch and unscrew.
Tips and warnings
- Opening a Nintendo DS will void the warranty.
- Be careful, as the screwdriver could slip and damage the screw.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for