The Nintendo DSi handheld game console includes two on-board cameras you can use to snap photos, just as you would with any digital camera. The device stores photo files on an SD card, which you can connect to any PC with a SD card reader. This allows you to exchange photos with other DSi users, or to transfer photos from a PC to your console. Copying photos from your PC to DSi is a relatively simple process that only takes a few minutes.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Nintendo SDi compatible SD Card
- PC with SD Card reader
Remove the SD card from the Nintendo DSi handheld console.
Insert the SD card into the card reader of the PC. Wait for Windows to initialise the card and configure it for use on your PC.
Click "Start" and then "Computer." Browse to the folder that contains the photos you want to copy to the Nintendo DSi.
Highlight the files you want to transfer to the DSi. Right-click one of the highlighted file names; then click "Copy" on the pop-up menu.
Browse to the drive for the SD card in "Computer." Double-click the drive icon to open the device and view its contents. Double-click the "Photos" folder.
Right-click inside the "Photos" folder window; then click "Paste" on the pop-up menu. Wait while Windows copies the photos to the SD card. Remove the SD card from the card reader.
Reinsert the SD card in the Nintendo DSi. Use the photo browser on the DSi to view the images you copied from the PC.
Tips and warnings
- The photos must be in a DSi compatible "JPEG" format before you can view them on the screen. The DSi viewer cannot display image files in any other format.
- While the DSi can display JPEG files copied from your PC, you cannot edit or morph the copied photos on the handheld. If you want to edit or morph photos on the DSi, you must shoot them with its built-in camera.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for
- Nintendo: Nintendo DSi Camera
- Nintendo Support: Nintendo DSi and DSi XL - Sharing Photos
- Nintendo Support: Nintendo DSi and DSi XL -- What the Nintendo DSi and DSi XL Can Do with SD Cards
- Nintendo Support: Nintendo DSi and DSi XL -- Compatible SD Card Types
- Microsoft Windows: How Do I Get Pictures from my Camera to My Computer?