Start the celebration of a birthday, special holiday or home movie night with a personalised movie ticket invitation. Guests will be pleasantly surprised to see your fun and unique creation that looks like the real thing, but is packed with party information. Try designing your own theatrical invite using basic arts and crafts materials. Get ready for a night of fantastic film festivities with this homemade project.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Ruler or straight edge
- Card stock
Choose a size for your movie ticket invitation. The minimum dimensions should be approximately the same as a standard index card to ensure adequate room for logistical information, but you may want to try a novelty-inspired oversized ticket. Oversized tickets can range anywhere from 8-by-10-inch size to as large as you want.
Use a ruler or other straight edge and a pencil to measure and draw a rectangle design in your desired dimensions on the card stock.
Cut out the card stock ticket with the scissors. Place half of the glass on the edge of the ticket and trace a half-circle on the edge. Cut out the half-circle with scissors. Do the same on the other side. You can also cut out smaller semicircular shapes in each corner instead of the half-circles on the sides.
Design the movie ticket on one side of the card stock. Write all lettering with the markers. Include phrases such as "Admit One" and a faux theatre name based on your name or the event title. Create a movie title at the top inspired by the reason for the celebration. For example, a birthday invite might include the title "A Tale of Amy's Birthday."
Add important logistical information such as the date and time and an RSVP phone number or e-mail address. Put this information on the other side of the ticket.
Tips and warnings
- If you are thinking of designing an oversized invitation, try reusing the sides of a large packing box instead of card stock. This will be more sturdy and can save you money.
- Add special flare to your invitation with coloured card stock or printer paper.
- Design your own ticket template using a word processing program or go to Microsoft Office Online.
- Some websites offer templates or invitations you can buy that look like movie tickets. Visit sites such as Zazzle, Hoover Web Design or Party 411.
- Although some websites have free printable invitations, many charge per download. Always check for prices before choosing a template.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for