Creating angels provides a fun craft for children and offers a personalised, homespun decoration for a holiday or to give as a memorable gift. Creating an angel is a craft that children can complete with limited parental supervision, using styrofoam cones and balls and a few embellishments. After creating the angel form, you can decorate and personalise it in any way you want to create a beautiful, festive or memorable figurine to display or give as a gift.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Styrofoam cone
- 3-inch styrofoam ball
- Black permanent marker
- Spray adhesive
- Hot glue gun
- Tulle ribbon
- Thin gold ribbon
- Newspaper or cardboard
Cut 1 yard of tulle ribbon and tie into a large bow. Make sure the sides of the bow and strands of the bow are all even and uniformly tied. Lay bow aside.
Stand the styrofoam cone upright and lay the styrofoam ball on top of newspaper or cardboard to protect the surface underneath. Spray the cone and ball with spray adhesive and then sprinkle glitter onto the cone and ball. Allow them to sit for at least 15 minutes for the spray adhesive and glitter to bond and dry.
Insert the toothpick halfway into the centre of the top of the cone.
Apply hot glue to the exposed half of the toothpick and very top of the cone and then press the styrofoam ball down over the toothpick and on top of the cone.
Apply hot glue to the back of the tulle ribbon bow and then press to the back and top of the cone to create the angel's wings.
Cut 2 inches of thin gold ribbon and form into a circle. Apply a very small amount of hot glue to the bottom of the ribbon circle and apply to the top of the styrofoam ball to create the halo.
Draw eyes onto the face of the angel using a permanent marker.
Tips and warnings
- If desired, spray glitter can be substituted for the spray adhesive and glitter.
- The angel can be embellished or decorated as desired from this point by using buttons, additional ribbon, beads, pearls, etc.
- When using spray adhesive, spray at least 6 inches from the cone and ball to prevent excess moisture.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for