Paintball guns use compressed air bottles, or CO2 tanks, to power and shoot paintballs. In this sport, participants wear protection and headgear and split off into teams to do battle with their paintball guns. After a certain amount of use, you will need to have your CO2 tank refilled to keep your paintball gun functioning properly. While you can visit your local sporting goods store to have the tank refilled, you can also take a few steps to complete the job yourself.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Paintball CO2 refill kit with adaptor
- Liquid CO2 air supply tank
- Paintball gun CO2 tank
Screw your adaptor onto the end of the paintball gun air tank. This will release pressure in the tank. Hold the adaptor in place until the tank is empty.
Check the label on the side of your paintball cylinder tank to confirm its size, such as 12 or 24 oz.
Unscrew the adaptor and close your cylinder's valve. Zero out the tank on a digital scale.
Hook up your tank of the liquid CO2 and start refilling your paintball tank while it is still on the digital scale. Once the scale reads the ounce limit listed on your tank, turn off the pressure on the air supply and remove your paintball tank.
Tips and warnings
- Never overfill a paintball CO2 tank past the tank's specific limit. Doing so can result in serious injury or death.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for