Cell phones are a part of the lives of many people. They have quickly overtaken the use of landline phones. The portability of these phones allows people to keep in contact no matter where they are. Because these phones are often carried in pockets or purses, the keys can sometimes be pressed accidentally, sometimes creating a problem, such as a higher bill. Locking the keypad on your Nokia 6700 can keep the keys from being accidentally pressed.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Press the unlock button on the phone. This is the button with unlock displayed above it on the screen.
Press the * key within one and a half seconds. Failure to do so within this time frame will result in the phone remaining locked. If you don't press * in time, start over.
Enter the security code if required. If the phone has been set to require the security code for unlocking, you will be asked for this code. The default code on all Nokia phones is 12345. This can be changed in the security settings under the menu.
Tips and warnings
- Nokia phones can still make emergency calls, even while in locked mode.
- Change your security code to something only you will remember to prevent unwanted access.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for