Cotton lawn fabric is not a fabric used for lawn furniture. Instead, it is a finely woven cotton fabric that resembles linen and is used in children's clothing, pyjamas and as quilting material. Unlike traditional cotton clothing, lawn fabric resists wrinkles and has a soft, silky feel. The lightweight fabric is perfect for use in summer clothing or for layering in other seasons.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Delicate clothing detergent
- Bath towel
- Wood or plastic clothes hanger
Wash lawn fabric in cool water using the delicate cycle of the washing machine and a detergent formulated for delicate clothing.
Spread out a heavy bath towel and place the lawn fabric on top. Roll the towel to remove excess moisture from the garment.
Hang the garment on a wooden or plastic coat hanger in a warm area to completely dry.
Iron with a warm iron to remove any wrinkles that may be in the fabric.
Tips and warnings
- Cotton lawn fabric is often used for christening gowns.
- It is believed that "lawn" fabric was invented in the 19th century.
- Always read the label on your particular fabric to be sure there are not any special instructions.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for