The Mazda 5 multipurpose vehicle offers plenty of space with its seven-seater layout. Thanks to its rear sliding doors, family and pets can step in and out of the car with much more ease, especially in tight parking spaces. It is useful at times to be able to remove the middle seat (behind the two seats in the front) to put in extra-large cargo or even a wheelchair.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Flat blade screwdriver
- Monkey wrench
Open the sliding doors on both sides of the car. Locate the sliding rails that the middle seats slide along when passengers are adjusting for optimum comfort.
Remove the plastic covers that protect the rails by using a screwdriver to gently pop them out. Do not force the covers.
Unwind and remove the 14mm hex bolts with a monkey wrench. The four seats that make up the middle seat have four screws each. Expose and access the front ones by pushing the seat back along its rail. Expose and access the back ones by pushing the seat forward along its rails.
With the help of another person, lift the seats out of the car through the open sliding doors. Fit the plastic covers back onto the rails. Your car is now ready.
Tips and warnings
- Store the seats in a dry, covered area.
- Always use two people for this operation. The seats are heavy and could cause a back injury if carried by a single person.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for